Friday, March 5, 2010

WHITE FISH MELT with link to "myrecipes.com" here

.
Yesterday I cooked this excellent recipe that I made up with some white fish--I can't think what kind it was, but was it good!
INGREDIENTS: Frozen White fish ....Salt Stewed tomatoes ......Pepper Onion ................Italian Seasoning or Oregano Celery ...............Marble Cheese
I preheated the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and put 4 pieces of frozen deboned fish on a glass baking pan. Then I spread about 1 cup of mashed stewed tomatoes, from the can, onto the fish. Next I thinly sliced 1 stick of celery and 1/2 of a medium quartered onion on top of the tomatoes. This was seasoned with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. If I didn't have Italian Seasoning, I'd have seasoned it with oregano. Last and not least, I sliced some marble cheese about 1/16 of an inch thick and totally covered the top. After baking it for about 3/4 of an hour, I took it out of the oven and served it with these delicious scallop potatoes from Safeway's and mixed veggies.
WHAT A MEAL! The fish NICELY took on the flavor of the additions.
.
PS If you are going to cooked thawed fish, only bake for 20 - 30 minutes, depending on thickness.
.
.
cg

4 comments:

Alice in the wonderland said...

hihihihii, I'll try to make it one day cuz my rent house doesnt have oven dear. ^^ But by your words, I can taste it delicious. :))
Cook more and show me more. Who knows one day I can follow your food smell to Canada to see you. hihihii
Love,
Alice

Jackie said...

Blessed by your blog and following along now!

I'll have to try this recipe - sounds delish!

Hope you'll stop by my site for a visit sometime - I love meeting new sisters in the Lord!

Sweet Blessings!
Jackie

Cherylg said...

Thank you so much Jackie. I am going to check your site out

Cherylg said...

Hi Alice. Thank you. That would be awesome if we could meet in person!!!! Are you allowed to cook in your apartment at all? If so, maybe you could get one of those toaster ovens. You can bake a lot of things in them.

God Bless.

C

Jackie, I did check out your blog and found it quite beautiful. Thank you. God Speed.

C

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...