Thursday, November 12, 2009

MACARONI RECIPE - Link to Macaroni & Cheese Recipes

.
. The other day I thought I was lacking ingredients for my usual macaroni so I thought I would try something different. This delicious recipe is what I came up with. Give it a try. I think you will enjoy it. . . .
Ingredients . 4 cups of water 1/2 tsp of sea salt 1 stick of celery 1 carrot 1/2 medium onion 1/4 of a large green pepper 2 garlic cloves 1 cup of cubed cooked/uncooked - canned/ fresh meat (I tried canned turkey) 2 cups of macaroni of your choice (I use whole wheat) 2 medium tomatoes or 2 cups of cherry tomatoes 1/2 to 3/4 cup of marble cheese 1 tbsp butter/margarine 1/2 cup of milk 1/2 tsp of your choice of herbs . Pour water & salt into a medium large pot. Turn on to boil at med high. As you heat the water; add: celery slit down the middle and sliced, carrot, cubed onion , cubed green pepper, crushed of cubed in tiny pieces garlic cloves & cubed cooked or uncooked-canned or fresh meat of your choice. When water is boiling rapidly add macaroni and butter/margarine. Cook until most of the water has been absorbed. **While the macaroni is boiling cube medium tomatoes (or half cherry tomatoes) and thinly slice in marble cheese into a medium bowl. Fold these 2 ingredients into the undrained macaroni mixture when it is cooked and stir in milk. Turn off burner. Salt & pepper to taste and serve when cheese has melted in. . Serves 4 . PS Experimenting with herbs can make some nice flavoring. . Example: . - If you are using poultry for meat or maybe tuna, you can sprinkle about 1/2 a tsp of poultry seasoning or sage into it. . - If it is beef, you could try adding 1/2 tsp of thyme. . - I don't know what you could use for ham or pork. . Do you have any suggestions? . cherylg 8:)+<}=B

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...